Ezra Miller makes first public appearance since offscreen controversies at The Flash premiere
DTBEATS(EW) – In a bit of life imitating art, Ezra Miller made a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it appearance at the premiere of The Flash on Monday.
It marks the first high profile appearance for the star since a number of offscreen controversies last year. At the premiere, which was held at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood, Miller, who uses they/them pronouns, posed for a number of photos on the red carpet in support of the film.
The film’s director, Andy Muschietti, crew, and cast members such as Ben Affleck and Sasha Calle were also on hand to support the film, which follows Miller’s Barry Allen who uses super speed to change the past and save his family, but instead creates a very bleak world that’s facing annihilation. The film also stars Michael Keaton, reprising his role as Batman, who it was previously reported would not make the premiere due to conflicting filming schedules.
— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) June 13, 2023
Though speculation abounded over how Warner Bros. and the filmmaking team would handle the release of the film in the wake of the controversies, Muschietti and his sister, producer Barbara Muschietti, told EW that there was never a threat of the film being shelved, and that they were in support of Miller receiving help.
“We have a lot of empathy in general for people who need help, and especially in mental health issues. That’s why they are taking the necessary steps to deal with their recovery, and we support them in that,” he said. Andy also previously told EW that he would welcome Miller back to the role in the future and that he didn’t “think there’s anyone that can play that character as well as they did.”